Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Read a Good Book Lately?

I like to say that "when it comes to organizing, you either have the gene or you don't."  Either way, it might help to brush up on new (and old) tips to keep your lifestyle in order.  Here are a few good books on organization:

This series has always been a reliable way to learn more about any topic, decluttering included.  It goes through why we have tendencies to hang on to certain items, whether it's emotional, financial or fear.  And it gives great rules on how to handle moving them out.

Oprah's organizing guru, Peter Walsh, has no-fuss attitude when it comes to clearing out clutter.  I appreciate that he 'tells you how it is'...sometimes, you just need to hear it.

I love, LOVE Apartment Therapy.  And Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan gave us even more to love with this best-of collection of making the most of a small space.


Tell me, Appleshiners, what other organizing books do you find helpful?

4 comments:

Mark said...

I want that book about small spaces. I love cozy tight spaces.

Amelia said...

I know! And I loved that they used color without being gawdy.

Mark said...

yeah colorbombs are no good....

Amelia Meena said...

Ha! Nope, not really. But I'm always looking for ways to use more color...I love the color blocking trend right now. The saturation of color next to a contrasting color makes me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...